Friday 31 May 2019

Lunch Groups

At lunch one more time you can see the implicit separation of the ABN-AMRO population.

While dutch people mostly buy their food at the restaurant, the indian people bring their food from home, so there is a long queue of them in front of the array of microwave ovens.

Since I keep on having my good old habits of bringing my own food from home, I always find myself in the microwave ovens queue...
And there I see that the indians look at me and at my food as if I was coming from an other planet!
My food is usually a rice tart or spinach tart slice, and I feel that they have no idea of what the hell is that.
They instead usually have rice, meat cooked in spicy soup, indian bread, "just" the usual food from an indian restaurant, spicy and probably testy, for sure filling up all the air and the oven with a strong curry smell...

Someday I'll ask them if I can taste their food!

No comments:

Post a Comment